Four wheel drive engaged light??

I just bought a 94 sierra. When I engage 4 wheel drive the indicator (the one that lights up the picture of the front wheels on the floor board console) doesn't light. The light for rear wheel drive stays on all the time, is that normal? The bulb is good and four wheel drive DOES engage. Does anyone know what controls the light and where it's located? Thanks.

Reply to
justin_sane

Well, I had a friend check it out before I bought it and he said the four wheel drive was working. He had a truck similar to it. Thanks for the reply..

Reply to
justin_sane

Sounds like your differential is stuck in 4 wheel drive, check the vacum motor to see if it is working.

Reply to
Wayne Bodkin

Reply to
justin_sane

if your actuator is bad, DON"T replace it with the same part.... GM redesigned the part in '98. the newer electromechanical actuator is almost instanteous compared to up to 30sec engagement for the older thermal actuator. I bought mine for ~65 bucks from

Napa's price for the older type actuator is ~85 bucks.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to
justin_sane

"justin_sane" wrote

replacement

Must be some old stock. We haven't been able to get a thermal actuator for a while now. By the way, you will also need the updated wiring harness for the new style actuator. The wiring harness also includes a spacer that "must" be installed along with the new actuator, or else it won't work properly.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

the part # for the improved actuator is 26060073. the harness for my '88k2500 is part # 88959465.

I paid $76.85 for the actuator and $21.64 for the harness from

you'll have to check with a parts dept for the proper adapter harness for your truck.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Reply to
justin_sane

If you havn't ordered them yet, try

according to their site, the prices are $68.17 and $18.82

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

Ooops...never mind. I see the prices are the same with shipping added on.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower