Front axel seal replacement

Just got a 1979 K20 and the right front axel seal is leaking really bad. How big of a job is it to replace those seals? Thanks for any advice given!!

============== 2 hours tops......with the tools and a bit of mechanical ability. Remove everything in the way....put it all back in when yer done.
If you can program a TV remote.......you can replace those seals.
:)
~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of his crownroyal......~ ~:~
Any special tools that would be needed? Thanks!

Seal driver and puller, but in a pinch a socket will work too

Might want to pull the bearing too while hes at it, might be the cause of the seal failure.
Cheers

Is there any web site that shows the steps to follow? Thanks!

Very good point and very true.

Website, I don't know, but a service manual ain't that hard to come by. Supposedly, Autozone has the ability to print step by step instruction now, check them out.

alldatadiy.com $25 will get you a years online subscription to access the full manual for your vehicle. It's a AutoZone co.

============= who's yer buddddddy..........
whooooo's yer budddddddddy..............
WHO'S YER FK'N BUDDY !!!????
http://www.pavementsucks.com/tech/axleseal.php
:)
~:~ marsh ~takes a sip of his crownroyal........i may not be the best....... but they can't afford him...so they're stuck with me~ ~:~

Happy Holidays to ya Marsh! Glad to see yer still kickin'... Have another sip of CR on me bud.
Yeah Marshier:
We know, you get all the pussy and know all the links.
LOL
I'm still waiting for an e-mail from your hillbilly ass.
RK