Front Diff Repaired, Now 4wd Actuater Does Not Work

Fried the front getting towed - but the actuator was working at that time.
Post-repair, lights come on behind the buttons, but nothing happens.
I'm fantasizing that disconnecting some wiring was SOP for the
disassembly/repair and the mechanic just forgot to plug one or more wired back in.
Only in my dreams? Or is there a chance?
If so, would it be something I can get at with my bare hands by crawling under the vehicle? If this thing goes into the shop again, I'll be begging another ride to work.... so that's worth avoiding, even if it turns out to be a mistake on their part.
--
PeteCresswell

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

YEP, actuator is right on the axle housing on the right side. Easy to get to. You can pull it to test it as well.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
Hello, (PeteCresswell)! You wrote on Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:12:12 -0400:
P> Post-repair, lights come on behind the buttons, but nothing P> happens.
P> I'm fantasizing that disconnecting some wiring was SOP for the P> disassembly/repair and the mechanic just forgot to plug one or P> more wired back in.
P> Only in my dreams? Or is there a chance?
P> If so, would it be something I can get at with my bare hands by P> crawling under the vehicle? If this thing goes into the shop P> again, I'll be begging another ride to work.... so that's worth P> avoiding, even if it turns out to be a mistake on their part.
With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

In addition, if it originally had the oil filled actuator and it's been converted to the motorized one, there's a spacer slug that has to be installed. If you don't have the slug, even if the motor works, it won't shift the axle. -- Old Crow '82 FLTC(P)'Pearl' '87 FLTC '?' '61 F-100 BS#132, TOMKAT, SENS, SLOB#13
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Actually it was a wax pellet but you get the same result...
--
Steve W.

98
--