front-end lift options for s10 blazer

heyo... I'm recently new to owning an s10 blazer ('88, 4x4, 2.8L) and offroading but i've been looking around (probably all the wrong places) at what i can do to lift it up a bit. longer shackles for the rear springs are easy enough, body lifts are easy enough (within reason), but it seems that everywhere i go, the only thing talked about for the front IFS is cranking the torsion bars tighter and getting lift by twisting the arms down.

They all seem to h ve some sidelined comments about "topping out" more often than not, harder wear & tear on the ball joints, steering mods, etc etc....

what i'm wondering is, isn't there some sort of design of longer control arms out there? or maybe some sort of block/brace/whatever system to mount the arms lower..like offseting the mounts..? I'm pretty sure i see such setups with various IFS Toyotas but haven't seen hide nor hair of such for the blazer.

maybe someone here can point me in the right direction or straighten me out entirely....:)

BTW, has anyone here tried converting to a solid front axle & leafs?

Reply to
Dennis

inline...

thats because it's true. IFS sucks for wheeling

nothing longer, nope.

there's a drop bracket- but you only gain body height. No extra suspension travel, no extra clearance. IFS sucks, but the IFS on a Blazer REALLY sucks.

As I understand it, the reason the Toyo IFS works better is because they designed the arms longer at the factory. Still, it's not the optimum.

Not possible

OK, I admit, I am doing exactly this. 87 Wagoneer Dana 44s front and rear.

will help you a great deal. Look in the suspension swap forum.

Reply to
burntkat

Reply to
Dennis

please look in the other SAS on Blazer thread for the build I am doing, in detail.

Reply to
burntkat