front rear

Could one of you nice folks tell me where the codes are on a 89 Blazer and

90 4X4 Pick-up front rears? Both are 4X4 S-10's and 4.3 automatics. I could use some help so I don't have to pull the covers. TIA Wayne
Reply to
Wayne Jones

They are in the glove box and there is not code for front axle because there never was a LSD offered for it and it will have whatever ratio the rear axle is coded for if it is a 4x4. Do not beat yourself up looking for a code that does not exist. If it has a G80 it has a GovLoc in the reart but once again it was NEVER offered in the front axle on that vehical. On axle ratio codes if it is a GU6 it is a 3.42, a GT4 is a 3.73 and a GT5 is a 4.10

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

call your local chevy dealer an ask for parts, tell the person what you want an be ready to give him the vin number of that vehicle

Reply to
kneedeep_4

It i far easier to read option codes and besides VIN's do not record many options themselve and requires a lookup of vehicle for a build record.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

This is quick and easy for them to do, though. At my local GM dealer's, they looked my Suburban up based on the VIN, and gave me a printout of its whole list of options, listed as codes with text explaining what each one meant.

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

Shhhhhh! We all know what you are talking about, but Snoman hasn't figured it out yet. "VIN's do not record many options themselves"....another great quote for the Snoman "I haven't a clue what I'm talking about" folder.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

No a better quote for you because you are the clueless one because common options like axle ratios are very easy to figureout without a trip to dealer. But ic can understand that someone as limited as you needs everything in print all the time because you cannot remember some thing let alone comprehend them.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

What if the glove box is locked and the customer didn't leave the key? And since when does a phone call to a dealer equate to "a trip to the dealer?" Perhaps the only way they'll discern the information to you is if you get on your knees and beg (literally), meanwhile, the rest of us -may- want to/ actually have joined the twenty-first century and take advantage of the databases available to those with a well grounded working relationship.

Totally understandable for someone who only has to deal with a truck or two over the span of 18 years, versus those who deal with 18 trucks over the span of two days.

P.S. "ic" is a good name for you.

Reply to
aarcuda69062