front tire wear?

I've noticed a little extra wear on the front right tire of my 1991 Z71. Now that I think about it, it /sometimes/ likes to pull a bit to the right (not much tho). I do know that I need to replace the steering box...the
steering is quite sloppy. Almost a 1/4 turn in either direction to get any steering input! Could this be part of the problem?
I also suspect that the front right wheel bearing is failing. Could this also contribute to the tire wear I notice?? Guess its time to put some front end parts in the old girl...What in particular can you suggest would cause one front tire to wear faster than the other?? I appreciate the help and knowledge!
3 R's...Repair, Re-align, Rotate! Repair any and all pieces that have any play, Re-align the front-end right away, Rotate the tires, rears straight forward and fronts crossed to rear. If you have a right rear with substantially less tread depth than the left rear, keep your foot out of the throttle so dang much...as far as rotation goes well with that situation, your kinda screwed!

any
help