FS: 87' Chevy Astro Van, CHEAP!

Page 1 of 2
Hi guys,
My neighbor just gave me his old 87' Astro Van (yes, just gave it to me, great neighbor eh?) for parts or to sell. While the 700R4 would go nicely
in my El Camino I'd rather sell the thing outright so someone can get some use out of it.
1987, Chevy Astro, 2WD. 4.3L TBI, TH700R4 transmission. 330,000 Mobil 1 miles (230K on rebuilt Jasper engine, original tranny). Starts, runs and drives great, as it's been very well maintained. Doesn't burn oil, coolant or anything else other than gas, he he he. The body shows it's age, paint is decent but clearcoat is long gone. All of the sheetmetal is straight and dent-free. Typical rusted-out rocker panels, but other than that very little rust. Interior is decent, upholstery is clean and no rips or tears that I can see. Great rubber (Uniroyals) with 95% of tread remaining. Clean Title.
What it needs: brake lines all the way around. The current lines are intact but likely to disentegrate anytime now as they're pretty bad. There is a gas leak somewhere high up in the fuel circuit, my guess is the fuel tank sending unit lines are rusted out, but it could be somewhere else. There is a decent oil leak, either front seal or oil pan, haven't really looked.
If anyone is interested and has SPECIFIC questions, I'll run out to the garage and get the answers for ya. Pics available on request. If you're really interested I might be persuaded into fixing the problems for a couple bucks before you pick it up.
$500 as-is OBO. Located in East Central Ohio (Akron area). Post here to the ng or e-mail me directly gmc(underscore)man(at)adelphia(dot)net If I don't sell it here I'm putting it on E-Bay, thought I'd ask here first.
Doc
something wonderfully witty:

--

If you under 25 years old and you're not a liberal, you have no
heart......If you're over 30 and not a conservative, you have no brain.

Of course. He told me if I sold it to just keep the money, but $250 would mystically appear in his mailbox one day..................
Doc
Hi!

Good luck with that Doc. Hope the van finds a good home, but I'm kinda surprised you didn't just give it one. (But maybe you have too many vehicular projects already?)
BTW (there will be a separate post later) the old Sierra decided it could MOVE forward the other day after I finally found a set of keys for it. I just started it, shifted into gear for the sheer hell of it and with a little pop it broke free and has been "fine" since. I doubt the fix was that simple as while it runs there is a much softer version of the same bad noise it made when unable to move forward. This only seems to happen under firm to hard acceleration, but I find it worrisome anyway.
William The Guesser
snip

Illiterate.................................................................. ...................^^
And make more money then *all* the college grads (some with as many as 3 degrees) whom you know?
~KJ/TLGM

Doc-
if you should part it out, I want dibs on the 4.3

Well, I think it'd be worth $250 at the very least- so bear that in mind.. ;)

... and log on to IM sometime tonight, goof!

No Kidding, where you been hiding? Or are you actually going IN to work instead of working in your undies? LoL
Sam

Hey man, I hear ya. Busy and tired as hell here too.
See ya when I see ya, Docsta...
Sam
(of course the one time you sign on in the last month I'm not at my desk!)

Doc-
so what's the scoop on this thing? I am sorry to say I only just now noticed it has 330 clicks on the odometer, but let's see what happens...

If you did a compression test on that one:
I want to start a bet pool, even though I'm not a gambling man.
I say $10.00 and twenty chunks down below the skin (That bleed like razor blade cuts) Anyone interested in the bet. If Doc Actually gets talked into doing a compression test that is?
plus, he's a mechanic. he can fix the pool and a few horse races for us too.
LOL
Refinish King
PS No wonder why everyone thinks us Italians are crooks, we can joke about ourselves. then hit the ones that aren't Italian that joke about us!

inline-

what in the world does this mean??

Maybe- explain it to me?

funny, I thought he was a shrink? 8)

I thought that was just ornery? ;)
Try doing anything on an Astro/Safari:
From inside, with the doghouse off. you'll have hamburger hands and arms!
Refinish King
PS The mechanic thing, is just an inside Italian joke. If you're not Italian. you get "Hit" for using it anyway! LOL

Gotcha. Thought it was going something like that, but couldn't tell for certain.

Nice come-back King, all is retracted, all is forgiven :) B