Fuel Filter

Have Chevy 2500HD 2004.5 Duramax LLY engine and I was looking at the 2 wires connected to the bottom of the filter. I don't see where there is a quick disconnect to isolate those wires and replace the filter. Something I'm not seeing there.?

Sluggo

Reply to
Bugsy

Those wires are the water sensor wires. It unplugs. A little tab on the connector. Maybe need a mirror to see how to get the plug loose.

Might be best to work from the wheel well.

You may want to drain some fuel before removing the filter. You may need need a strap wrench.

Then unscrew the water sensor and install it on the new filter and install. Suggest not filling the filter before installation. May get contaminated fuel.

Then prime the pump. Look in owners manual how to prime

Reply to
HRL