fuel inj. vs. carb.

Page 2 of 2
Shades wrote:

Possibly...
Thanks for all the input. I didn't want to start an arguement. I appreciate reading all the input as I might run into these problems when I find a decent truck.
I'm looking on autotrader.com but I need some zip codes for the Southern States where I might find a rust free unit. Living in Ontario, we have to deal with too much salt on the roads so all our vehicles are rust buckets.
Blair

Blair wrote:

Try here: http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp
don't mean to be a wise guy but i think you will run into problem just as quick or quicker if you bring a car from warmer climate up.

buckets.
This does raise a question for me...
Have you seen those deals in JC Whitney catalogs that are supposed to electronically keep your vehicle from rusting? Has something to do with charging or ionizing the metal.
It connects to the battery, and I don't know how much it would drain it, although I'd imagine not much.
Just curious if anyone's ever tried one of these contraptions and how well they work.
~jp
Problem with older cars up here is that they already have no rocker panels due to rot. If I bring up a Southern car and rust proof it I hope it will be fine.

Thanks for the site.