fuel pump?

On my 91 chevy S10 when I get to about a quarter of a tank my truck will want to stop running and it will and the steering wheel will lock up and the whole 9. then i start it back up and it will go for a couple minutes
and then do it all over until i get to a gas pump. Do you think I need a new fuel pump? Oh and the ses light will come on also is this also related to the fuel pump?
Check the codes see if related to the problem, change fuel filter, maybe have the fuel pressure checked. Really sounds like your fuel gage is wrong and you are just low on fuel.

-
Your steering shouldn't lock while the key is in the "on" position. I think you just have no power steering when it stalls.