fuel pump 95 blazer

hello i need help. I've just replaced my fuel pump, it cranks fine. i can hear the fuel pump running, and i have spark. But it wont start. It,s a 95mod blazer 4x4 with the 4,3lit vortec engine and its got aout

100000miles on it. iv,e got fuel at the back of the engine at the check port, but the spark plugs seems dry. I tested the new pump, and it gives about 1 liter (1qt) in 10 sekonds, when i tested the old pump in water it used about 20 sekonds on the same amount. any idees any one in advance THANK YOU :-)))))
Reply to
Leif Magne Berg

Is the fuel pressure in spec? Are the injector poppets stuck closed? Is the fuel pressure regulator leaking? Is the EGR valve stuck open?

Any aftermarket anti-theft or remote start systems installed?

Will it run (even a little) if you give it a primer shot at the throttle body?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I had the same problem with a 94 with the 4.3 vortec engine. There are 2 pumps for that engine and it depends on whether you have multi-port or the TBI. I can't remember exactly but the pump for the TBI gives around 20 psi while the pump for the multi-port gives like 50 psi. You probably had the same thing happen to you and was given the pump for the wrong set up.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

yes i got the wrong pump. checked fuel pressure last night and it made no more than 20 psi. thy are sending me a new one. THANKS GUYS ;-)))))) "Pete" skrev i melding news:ZJn1h.12348$ snipped-for-privacy@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...

Reply to
Leif Magne Berg

TBI pump delivers about 12 to 14 PSI to regulator and a Vortec pump is about 60 to 65 PSI

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan