fuel pump gurgling

Ok, dropped the tank on my truck tonight to replace a rubber hose that keeps getting pinched shut every so often. So before I drop it, I take

7 gallons out(I had run it as low as I dared with a gm gas gauge). Drop the tank, replace the line, put it back up. Dump the 7 gallons back in.

Go to start it, and the pump makes a weird gurgling/sloshing sound along with the normal pump whine. Pump didn't sound overworked or anything. Truck won't start. No fuel. Even unhooked it at the filter to see. Almost sounds like a waterfall inside the tank. Is there a pickup tube I could've cracked? I know I have to drop the tank again, but just figured I'd ask if anyone has heard this before.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
89GMC

Well the tank came back down and the lil hose connecting the pump itself to the assembly had a clamp pop. Stupid clamps :-).

On another note, I've had the pleasure of dropping this tank a few times now by myself and I think I finally figured out the best way(those who could care less stop reading now :))

Usually I try and use a floor jack but the tank is so long that it's hard to balance, I try a piece of 2x6 on top of the jack but then you block the straps. It's hard as heck to do by yourself. So last night when i put it back up i tried something different and it was much much easier.

What I did was simply to gather a bunch of pcs of 6x6, 4x4, 2x4 whatever was layin around. Then lift up one end slide a pc under, repeat on other side until you get it high enough to hook up hoses/wires. This was way easier and I didn't knock it off once unlike the jack where that always happens a few times and incurs a lot of swearing. Anyway I know this is no genius idea, but it helped me so enjoy!

89GMC wrote:
Reply to
89GMC