fuel pump high voltage 1986 s15 jimmy

have check engine light come on only when speeding up on highway can drive all over town and won't come on does anyone know what could be causing this.

Reply to
terry64

my 89 s10 did that a few years ago and it Was the EGR valve froze up Cleaned the Carbon off it , Cleaned out the ho;e in the intake with a DRILL bit I manuvaered Via My fingers ( No Drill Motor) Reassembled and it has been ok now for 13 years

terry64 wrote:

Reply to
somebody

========= ========= Terry, your post is "run on" and not immedeately decipherable at first reading.....for slow folks like me.

however...... after having my 11 year old translate the post fer me.... here's my take on it........

~~My Take on it~ # 1 you have high voltage on yer fuel pump.

# 2 your ck eng light comes on when your speeding

# 3 your ck eng light WON"T come on during "city driving"

(i don't know the layout of YOUR town) (maybe you got you some 75mph roads "around town") (my town don't) (my towns got a stop light ev'r hundred feet or so) (does yers?)

# 4 you would like for someone to take a guess (cuz that's all yer gonna get with the little bit you posted)

# 5 you have high voltage on yer fuel pump.. yer ck eng light is on while speeding... you have high voltage on yer fuel pump.... yer ck eng light is on while speeding... you have high voltage on yer fuel pump.. yer ck eng light is on while speeding... ( hmmmmm)

~~My Guess~~

is....that you should tell us what the code/codes are that are turning the ck eng light on.......

is....that this thing is minor.....so calm down.... it's a money thing.

is...that if you wuz to stop speeding up and down the highways.......we would never hear from you again.

is....that you've got this amazing, wonderfull, hope, and confidence in the abilities of the guys in this room.....(we thank you for yer confidence)

is...that we gonna fix this thing dude..... no matter what it cost YOU!!

~~SUGGESTIONS~~

at the end of the post..... graciously..... ask....

"What's the first step to figuring this thing out?" "What do "we" need to do to pinpoint the prob?"

be clear...be concise....be patient...be rich.

or...change the fuel pump and if that don't fix it we'll guess again.

~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke...awaits a clearer post with a few more details~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Reply to
Shep

the code that comes up when put on computer comes up only fuel pump high voltage

Reply to
terry64

======= =======

no kidding!

please see my first reply

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

also marsh monster stated speeding my city speed limit is 25mph in some spots 30mph in others and 35mph in normal driving area.but where it comes on is like on our bypass which the speed limit is 40mph but it comes on before i even hit 40mph. in this area coming from a stop light and speeding up to around 30mph when it comes on only under quick speed up.

Reply to
terry64

======= =======

one more time........

i refer you to my original reply

~:~ MarshMonster ~a dentist...yep....good techs should go to dental school... definately..definately~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

marsh monster stated that i was speeding but my city speed limits are between 25mph and 35mph on city streets. and 40mph on our bypass and 55mph on our 2lane highway until you hit 4lane 13miles away. but check engine light come on when coming from a stop light and speeding up to the 40mph speed limit and does not go off until vechile is shut off and restarted. stays off as long as you don't have to speed up quickly on highways and bypass.

Reply to
terry64

when you get to 40 mph........

turn off the key, count to 5, and crank the engine back up.

that's the cheapest fix i got for you.

once again......

i refer you to my origial reply.

~:~ MarshMonster ~mmmm......the shroom tea is work'n good~

Reply to
Marsh Monster