Fuel Pump Or Vacum Leaks or Gremlin

On my 1993 Chevy 350 TBI
So I got the lifter problem fixed. No flat lobe or burnt valve thank God. Engine sounds great!
But...when I let her idle in park, she purrs. When I open the throttle
in park, she roars.
But as soon as I put her in reverse or drive, she coughs, chokes, and cusses my entire lineage of truck owning uncles. i took her around the block and she sputtered all the way, but even worse when I pressed the accelorator.
Another weird thing...the gas gauge bounces back and forth from almost empty to more than full.
Sound like a bad fuel pump? Lord I don't wanna have to drop a gas tank. It's probaly important to know that the truck has been sitting in the garage for about two years with the same gas just sitting there in the tank all that time. Any help would be great.
Brian 1993 CK 1500 Daddy, the truck's coming home, baby!