Fuel pump story

In September 2005, I was planning a trip of about 5000 miles. My 99 Silverado had about 92k miles and I was concerned that chevy fuel pumps generally last about 100k miles. I posted the question about should I
change the fuel pump in anticipation of it going bad, or just drive it until it left me afoot. A couple of answers were to just drive until it quits. I cut a hole in the bed for access to the pump. I bought a pump and stored it under the back seat. A couple of days ago, I was 20 miles north of Tulsa and it died. I have 204k miles on the original fuel pump. It was changed in a few minutes and I didn't even get to my dictionary of cuss words. Thanks for reading!
George turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

I hope the hole was still accessible!