fuel system

I have a 95 Blazer.Ichanged fuel pump that went out. Changed fuel filter,now engine will not start

make sure the fuel pump is kicking on. Not sure if there is a ground strap for the pump, but if there is, and its not properly grounded, it wont start. But I'f I'm not mistaking, that is a plastic tank and sending unit. So the ground is built into the wire harness. Also check the relays in the glove compartment, that could be a problem too, or the new pump could be defective.