fuel tank material ?

I need to replace the 25 gallon fuel on my 89 full size blazer. I was wondering if anyone has any comments on whether to use the original steel type or the polyethelene ones offered. I tend to go with original parts, but
the pin hole under the strap has me wondering. I let my wife drive it the night before last and she ran over a boulder. Last week I took the skid plate off to clean and repaint and hadn't put it back on before I let her go to the store in it. (Murphey's Law)... Thanks for opimions about poly vs. steel in advance
B.D.
On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 17:30:44 GMT, "Black Dog"

Thanks a tuff one as they both have their merits. I would lean toward steel because other than rust it does not degrade with age and its strength is not effected by tempature either. BTW, there is some very good after market solutions out there for fuel tank leak repair that works well. See link below. Also if you elect to replace tank there was a 32 gallon option when it was built and a 40 gallon one that was offered on the burb. (I have the 40 on my 89 4x4 burb that I bought new) I would recommand upgrading to atleast a 32 gallon tank if you replace it.
http://forum.snoman.com/viewtopic.php?t $4 ----------------- TheSnoMan.com