G80 LS diff

Hi, I have one of these G80 L/S Diff's in my van, and I thought they werer supposed to stopp one wheel from spinning out. Mine still spins out with only one wheel when backing up my muddy driveway with my boat/trailer. Isnt the G80 supposed to prevent this? I mean, that was why I went to the trouble of buying and installing it.

Reply to
"(oYo)"

Did you add limited slip fluid additive with the oil?

""(oYo)"" supposed to stopp one wheel from spinning out. Mine still spins out with

Reply to
Demon

Reply to
"(oYo)"

Reply to
Shep

it's not much of a differential, period

boat/trailer.

Reply to
TranSurgeon

How do you know what differential he has? Where did he mention what year or model the van was? Did I miss it?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

yes, in the subject. GM's only got one model of locking diff, the Eaton G80.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

This diff does NOT require a limited-slip additive. Matter of fact, the GM manual specifically says to NOT add friction modifier. Not sure if that's the problem, just passing along useful info for next time...

Reply to
Mike Levy

Reply to
Shep

So you're saying a G80 in a Camaro and one in a van or a one ton pickup are all the same? My Isuzu pickup, factory GM V6 powered, has a G80 locking differential. Don't think it's an Eaton:)

My 2002 Z28 has a G80 differential. Don't think it's a Gov Loc:) I thought G80 was just the RPO code for a limited slip differential. Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to
Shep

Here is Eaton's official description of G80 operation

Reed

I can't speak for the camaro, but all the trucks use the same design adapted for each rear end, whether it be a 7.5, 8.2, 8.5" 10 bolt or a

9.5" , 10.5", or 11.5" 14 bolt. I don't know if there's a G80 for Dana 60's or 70HD's.

an excerpt from

"Where can I buy a mechanical locker?

The Eaton Locker is option code G80 Locking Differential on GM light trucks and SUV's. Go to Chevrolet, GMC, Cadillac or Oldsmobile websites for more information."

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Whie I can't tell you what's wrong with the Eaton, you can make both wheels drive with a little emergency brake applied. Don't forget to release it, once you get un-stuck. Dan

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:34:35 GMT, "\"\(oYo\)\"" supposed to stopp one wheel from spinning out. Mine still spins out with

Reply to
Dan Dunphy