Gas Mileage in a 2001-2500 V8 6000

What should the gas mileage be in this truck? Will a computer chip (hypertech) help?
Thanks

Greetings,
I've seen gas mileage quoted on these trucks anywhere from 12-15mpg, but it's going to greatly depend on what kind of driving you do and how your truck is equipped.
To use an old cliche', "There is no such thing as a free lunch". People who purchase items like chips, programmers, exhaust systems, etc. have to be realistic as to why they are buying them and what to expect out of them (improved performance, sound, whatever), and getting better mileage is not what these things do.
Cheers - Jonathan
If you want to improve your mileage, the best thing to use is Common Sense. A good tune-up with quality parts, filters, etc., good tires with a street tread properly inflated, and above all keep your foot off the gas.

04' 2500 HD 6.0 Extended Cab Short Box 4X4. 11.5mpg City & Highway 14.5mpg was the best. All Highway What are you getting?
Bill
16mpg on the highway is the best I have eaver had with a K&N filter, just me in the truck, no load and avergage speed of about 70. I lover 'er, but boy does she love the gas!!
Bryon
If I was getting 16 mpg,I`d be doing back flips.That is the most I`ve ever heard of from a 6.0. I would also say the K&N didn`t help with that,unless you did the whole air intake,and mass air meter,I`d say it was a waste.Been there,done that!
Bill