Gauges

'88 Chevy K2500(6lug) 6.2 Diesel TH700R4 4x4 reg. cab...
I have an aftermarket set of gauges to install but I am having a dilemma! The only place I can see to install the temp sender(mech) is in place of the
factory sender. Will removing the factory temp sender mess anything up? I am not very well versed in diesels and I don't know if any other systems are dependant on the factory sender. I also need a location to install the oil pressure gauge fitting(also mech). If it involves removing the existing sender(I also need to know where it is), then the same concern as the temp sender. Lastly, with an ammeter gauge(wow, elec)(The owner of the truck didn't want a voltmeter), can I run a separate wire for the gauge and leave the current wire hooked up or does it HAVE to be run through the gauge? Thanx to all ahead of time...
drop me a line snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net
your gauges aren't controlling anything. They're separate from the ECM probes.
Ever think about an A-pillar mount for your gauges?
Snowman

dilemma!
the
am
leave
I would guess you've got an identical port on the opposite head for the water temp. Both heads should be the same, so one should have a gauge probe and the other should have a plug, instead.
The oil pressure sender may be at the back of the block by the firewall. Could be a real pain to get to. This should be seen from the top side of the motor and more toward the driver side of the "valley" but behind and separate from the intake.
The oil temp may be able to be probed in the block. Check to see if you have a plug right above your oil filter or filter adapter in the side of the block. If not, then maybe you can tap into your "hot" oil cooler line.

dilemma!
the
am
leave
So it being a 6.2 Diesel, it has the same ports as a gas Chevy?
"Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote in message

are
oil
temp
not necessarily - I don't know for sure, but it's worth a check. I'm familiar with the gassers and with a 6.5 TD, but not the 6.2. I don't think there was much physical difference between the 6.2 and the 6.5, as the heads from a 6.5 will bolt onto a 6.2.
No one else responded, so I thought I would try to help. I'm 80% sure the locations I mentioned are right, but wouldn't bet my life savings on it. You'll have to check and see for yourself, but I think I'm right on the money.
Regards, Snowman

of
up?
existing
truck
gauge?
OK, thanx Snow!
"Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote in message

place
systems
the
the