general info wanted

Can someone point me toward a source of general information on chevy's through the years? I'm interested in getting a project truck, but I'd like to do some research first as to what swaps out with what among the various years/models. Also any general reccommendations along these lines would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Mraz

I think there's a 'chevrolet light duty truck bible', I'm not sure, a buddy has one and likes. it I have an 'illustrated buyer's guide to chevrolet trucks' it's pretty good, covers all the different option packages, hp gains, just anything that went on in a chevy/gmc from the 30's up i think. Check out 4x4 magazines too, i happen to see one a while back that covered weak links in chevy trucks, like the frame crack, etc. Pretty handy magazine.

Anyway, good luck lookin

TB

Reply to
Trailblazer

. . TOP POST

The History of Chevy Trucks

Address:

also...... do a google.....

+"History" +"Chevrolet truck"

as typed above. You'll find everything your looking for, as far as Chevy truck background and even sites on classic conversions.

MarshMonster ~:~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D general info wanted Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Jul 28, 2004, 2:03pm From: snipped-for-privacy@polter.net (Charlie=A0Mraz)

Can someone point me toward a source of general information on chevy's through the years?

I'm interested in getting a project truck, but I'd like to do some research first as to what swaps out with what among the various years/models.

Also any general reccommendations along these lines would be appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Re: " Can someone point me toward a source of general information on chevy's through the years? I'm interested in getting a project truck, but I'd like to do some research first as to what swaps out with what among the various years/models. Also any general reccommendations along these lines would be appreciated. Thanks, Charlie" +======================+ Charlie,the book you need is called "Chevrolet+GMC Light Truck Owner's Bible" by Moses Ludel GM part # 12363286 Robert Bentley Pubs.1-800-423-4595 1995 Really a must have Best............Brian 69 Cust.Camper longhorn,

Reply to
Brian Orion