Getting info from VIN

I have this VIN
1GCCT14R0H2149544
its from a 1987 S10 Chevy I am tring to figure out what engine I have in this vehicle.
I think the R stands for the engine size

Thanks
--
http://www.soundclick.com/kevinduggan

http://www.kevsblues.com
2.8 L V-6, 125 HP @ 4800 RPM, 150 lb-ft of torque @ 2200 RPM.
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 23:57:10 GMT, Kevin Duggan

open hood, count number of plug wires.
then go to www.s10-4x4.org
1GCCT14R0H2149544 1GC = Chevrolet
C = 3001-4000 pound GVW, hydraulic brakes
T = 4 wheel drive
1 = series: half-ton
4 = body type: pickup
R = 2.8L V6. Since there was only that engine and the 2.5 4-banger that year, opening the hood woulda told ya that. I strongly suggest at least putting a 3.4L V6 <bolt right in> or a 350 <a bit of work, but worth it> in it's place
0 = check digit
H = model year <1987, duh>
2 = assembly plant: Moraine, OH
149544 = serial number. The 149,544th vehicle of said type built that year
Suggest getting very friendly with us over at www.s10-4x4.org . They're good folks with TONS of useful information...