Gibson Exhaust

What are some opinions of Gibson Dual Exhaust for 1004 K1500 Chevy Pickup,5.7??

Thanks

Doug

Reply to
Doug

1004??? I am thinking it is a 1994 if it is a 5.7. SOme like the sound of cat back systems but they will reduce lower RPM responce and in town MPG. Their gains are greatly overstated on a modern closed loop engine.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Yes it is a 1994.If I put dual exhaust with a stock muffler will it still hurt gas mileage in town??

Thank You Doug

Reply to
Doug

Your best compromise here would be a one in, two out muffler or a two in two out if it is a model with two pipes going into muffler. Modern trucks are tuned from intake to exhaust and do not respond the way the did over 30 years ago but the myth that it helps a lot continues. BigBlock mmotors can sometimes effectively use true duals but a 350 will do better overall in a 4x4 with a nice big single of say 3 inches with a good mufler or a two out mentioned above with maybe dual 2.25 inch pipes coming from muffler to rear of truck. You actaully want a little bit of back pressure for best lower RPM responce and MPG.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan