GM to pay For DEX-COOL DAMAGE

GM settles class-action suit GM General Motors
(AP) -- General Motors has agreed to settle a series of class-action
lawsuits claiming a faulty engine coolant damaged thousands of customer vehicles.
Under the settlement, GM would reimburse class members between 50 and 800 dollars for repairs linked to Dex-Cool, which GM used in cars and trucks beginning in 1995.
The total cost to GM will depend on the number of customers claiming damages. But the plaintiffs' attorneys say the price tag could reach the hundreds of millions of dollars.
A GM spokesman says the company isn't admitting any wrongdoing, but is settling the case to cut down on legal bills.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
tom turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

I've never understood. What is the supposed issue with Dec-Cool? I had a '95 Jimmy and have a '06 Avalanche. I've never noticed a coolant related issue.