GM Truck Rear Brake Conversion

Does anyone make a conversion kit to go from the rear disc brakes to drum brakes?
TIA

why would you want to go to drum brakes???
just curious --
` end
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 03:26:18 +0000, honk_on_bobo wrote:

Well, if he lives in the north where salt eats the discs in short order that would be one reason. I have seen the damage caused by de-icing salt firsthand. Large pieces of the braking surface of the disc flake right off. Very expensive repairs are required every other year -- new discs and pads at the least.
Fronts are not effected. The spray from the front tires goes directly on the rear discs.
Glad I have rear drums.
honk_on_bobo wrote:

Because the discs are crap
Commentator wrote:

Don't know of one. Probably be easier to buy a complete axle from a boneyard and bolt it in. Then change out the master cyl. and prop. valves.
--
Steve W.

well i live in Pennsylvania and have never had any problems with my rotors or pads from the salt. now my undercarrige on the other hand......... --
` end

====================== Vehicle specific nomenclature info....would be a bit helpfull..........
anywhooooooo........ to answer your question..........
GM does!!
With that said.......here's a nice read with the NG's resident Dealer techs views on the disc/drum comparison.............
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks/browse_frm/thread/9760473a33bf2f9e?tvc=1&q=%22drum+brake%22+%2B%22conversion%22&hl=en&fwc=2
use the archives......they're helpfull.
Read this thread...you'll find that GM went back to rear drums in 2005-2006...... the parts to do your conversion are readily available through the dealer...............
it's jest a money thing!!
~:~ MarshMonster ~pours some crownroyal in his coffee......mmmm....... good stuff~ ~:~
Marsh Monster wrote:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks/browse_frm/thread/9760473a33bf2f9e?tvc=1&q=%22drum+brake%22+%2B%22conversion%22&hl=en&fwc=2
Thanks Marsh, just thought that there might be a handy kit out there, given the trouble people have had with the discs.