GMC Jimmies to buy or not?

I am looking at a couple of 98 Jimmies to purchase. I looked up reviews on a web page and read some horror stories about them. People who are happy usually don't take the time to write a review while those who have had a bad
experience want to tell the world.
What feedback do people on this news group have about this vehicle? Any comments would be appreciated.
I have a 96 Blazer (basically the same). The only real complaint I have ever heard was that the OEM ball joints go bad, but once replaced, never hear much. My Blazer has 148K. Still going strong. I have a friend who has 260K on his 97 Blazer. Still loves the thing. The 4.3L is a great engine and has proven itself for years. The only issues engine wise, are the drivers side head gasket sometimes lets loose with high mileage, and the EGR valve can get buildup, which can be cleaned with carb cleaner. Overall, you will be will most likely be very pleased. Realize that most reviews mean nothing. Especially Consumer Reports who based a review off of 8 consumer responses (how hard is it to find 8 complaints out of millions of people), not on the Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada, but that is not the point. They were also suited and lost for making false comments in a review. -- 98 Camaro

hi
we have owned 4 t trucks .. 84 t blazer..91 t jimmy 95 t jimmy and now a 00 jimmy diamond .. all were reliable .. but all were cared for .. 95 had egr problems .. once replaced ..ok .. we have had no major problems with any of these trucks .. and feel confident that if cared for one would be reliable for you but you never know how a used vehicle was treated before you get it .. if someone beat it near to death it will most likely die on you .. i buy used vehicles as all of the above were .. and if something does go wrong .. well i did save money by not buying new
good luck
paul
I have the 92 S-10 Blazer. 170k miles on it. Runs great, I cant say enough about this trucks durability. I have tried to kill it and it comes back for more. (4.3 auto 4x4)

I have a '96 Blazer that I bought new and have been very happy with. I did have to change the ball joints and alternator at about 70,000, but other than that it has been a great truck. I currently have 99,000 on it and expect to at least double that! At just about 100,000 the truck still drives great with absolutely NO rattles or squeaks!

i have an 1998 gmc jimmy puter in color, had it since it was brand new in show room..only problem i ever have had except normal maintance..oil,tires etc..is the sensor went out in the day time running lights...but that all snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com