GMC Jimmy Hard Start

I have a 1998 jimmy that is hard to start and the other day I stooped to get gas and could not start it. It took me two hours to get the jimmy to start. I don't think it is a fule problem, the pump is running and I got flue past the filter. I pored fule in to the trotlebody and it would start for a minute. Anyone have a clue.

Reply to
spankyg

Fuel pump pressure/flow is low. That fact that it ran when you poured fuel in intake confirms that there is a fuel issue. FUel pumps isse are common of those vehicles at times especailly if you are one to run fuel low a lot.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
spankyg

I'm having similar problems with my 1999 Blazer. What fuel pressure readings are you getting? I recently replaced the fuel pump/filter, so it may be a sensor or an injector at this point.

Reply to
John Manner

Around 65 PSI from the pump itself.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Thanks The flue pump was the problem. One other question, there is a vent hose on the front of the tank and it looks to be leaking around the vent. My tank is plastic, can this be fixed or do I have to get a new tank.

Thanks aga> >

Reply to
spankyg

Check out this link