GMC transmission indicator

94 gmc transmission indicator is out of alignment. When the I shift into drive, indicator points between neutral and drive. Would appreciate any advice on how to adjust this. TIA.

There is a string under there somewhere that slides with moving the gear selector just pull of the bottom of the dash and you will see it and adjust away least that is how a 92 was that I had

Is this string on the outside on inside of the dash and column I had to replace the steer column did not see a string! on my 91 Richard Brandstetter snipped-for-privacy@att.net www.weddings-nj.com

If your gear selector is working at all, the string is there. Loosen the bolts that hold the column up to the dash. Your gear selector has a spring on one side and a string with a little hook on the other side. When you move the gear shift lever, it pulls the string and puts tension on the spring. When you go back to park, the spring moves the dial. Its as basic as it can get.