GMC Yukon

I am in the process of buying a 1997 4 door 4x4 GMC Yukon. It has 23567 miles on it. I am concerned that the mileage is too low for this vehicle. Is there anyway I can check to see if the mileage has been altered. Could I
check warranty records, or repair records. I have looked the Yukon over from top to bottom and there is no damage to the Yukon. The prior owner can't be found. The used car dealer says it was bought at an auction. Any suggestions?
Go to car fax and get history on vehicle.It costs $20.00 but worth it.
Especially since it was bought at auction.
Sometimes you get lucky and an elderly person owned it and only went 4k a year?????????
Lot's of luck
Doug

I'll trade you my 96 4 door 4x4 Chevy Tahoe with 100,000 miles on it if it will make you feel better. The carfax report is clean :). Only thing is, we keep our same payments...heh.
Brandonb
Christian wrote:

Whatever you do stay AWAY from carfax. Their site is so wrong it's fraud. Go to autocheck. You'll be amazed at the difference in detail and how much you'll find there. CArfax sucks the big one and I may still file a compaint on them with our state's attorney for totally innacurate info. Larry

BTW take the serial # to local dealer and have them run it also. It will give you the dealer service history since all the computers are linked. Larry

If it was purchased at auction it's likely it was part of an estate sale.
I bought a 91 BMW with 40k miles from an elderly couple. They owned two cars and didn't drive much.
There are gems out there!
-- John