Going green. Who makes electric replacement motor for gas engine in my 2500 Chevy Cheyenne with equivalent power? Forget hybrid.

How long before Tesla Motors makes electric replacement motors for trucks? Then we just plug in. Don't need tune ups, only lubrication. Then we'd be
burning coal instead of oil. Rather pricy, new Tesla sports car is faster than a Corvette but won't go as far.
A gentleman, head of Environmental Defense Fund on Charley Rose today mentioned new paint to put on vehicle that becomes solar panel. Great idea if you don't want to drive at night or can get enough charge in the daylight hours. Don't park in shade of tree, building, in carport or garage. We could paint our houses on south facing side with this paint to power house and car or truck. When will it happen? Only drawback is plugging in or unplugging.
My two bits.
Gary
Not Until!
Every penny can be sucked from the public and not even then unless they figure out how to charge you for the sun light used.
DA!!!