Good time to get 2006

Hello Group,

I just bought my first "new" ...big..pickup. I've had newer, and older used S-10's for years. Four of them in a row in fact. I've been very happy with them and their longevity. The one I traded in yesterday had 1/4 million miles on it and still ran smooth and strong.

I hope that my new LT1 1/2T Silverado will do as well. Have any of you bought these? Are you happy with them? I took my first drive, "empty," yesterday, about 120 miles round trip, and got 19 mpg with this all aluminum engine! I was so happy. Thats in fact as good as my 95 S-10 V6 would have done! Incredible.

The truck is very quiet, fast, and comfortable. I think I got a good deal on this older inventory truck stickered at $34,310....sold for $23,988, plus $200 worth of gas and a first fill.

However, I drove and selected one of three at this price, the Silver Birch color with color matched wheel trim on Saturday night. [I really wanted an all white truck, but they didn't have one with this package and price in the city]. They had two others. And both had already sold...or so I was told..., by the time I was ready to buy yesterday. I ended up with my least favorite choice, the Blue Granite metallic. It has the black wheel trim, and I think they wanted to push it, as I got the impression this was not as desireable of a feature.

At any rate, I think I will be very happy with this truck. I would love to hear about your choice of it if you also have one!

Copas

Reply to
Copas

David Johnson