Good time to get 2006

Hello Group,
I just bought my first "new" ...big..pickup. I've had newer, and older used S-10's for years. Four of them in a row in fact. I've been very happy with them and their
longevity. The one I traded in yesterday had 1/4 million miles on it and still ran smooth and strong.
I hope that my new LT1 1/2T Silverado will do as well. Have any of you bought these? Are you happy with them? I took my first drive, "empty," yesterday, about 120 miles round trip, and got 19 mpg with this all aluminum engine! I was so happy. Thats in fact as good as my 95 S-10 V6 would have done! Incredible.
The truck is very quiet, fast, and comfortable. I think I got a good deal on this older inventory truck stickered at $34,310....sold for $23,988, plus $200 worth of gas and a first fill.
However, I drove and selected one of three at this price, the Silver Birch color with color matched wheel trim on Saturday night. [I really wanted an all white truck, but they didn't have one with this package and price in the city]. They had two others. And both had already sold...or so I was told..., by the time I was ready to buy yesterday. I ended up with my least favorite choice, the Blue Granite metallic. It has the black wheel trim, and I think they wanted to push it, as I got the impression this was not as desireable of a feature.
At any rate, I think I will be very happy with this truck. I would love to hear about your choice of it if you also have one!
Copas
I stopped by Red Line dragway down by Sulphur Springs, Texas a few weeks ago. There was a guy there with a new LT1 based Silverado, musta just been seeing what it would do. Ran it down the track a few times, it didn't look too impressive but I had been watching 5 second cars. Well here comes a hemi powered dodge truck and lines up beside it. That Silverado didn't seem slow anymore, after 3 races down the track I watched the dodge hit the highway and I'm not sure but I think it had a tail. Anyway it had something tucked between its legs and it wasn't balls. Those tuned port engines should have been married at the factory in trucks in 85 when chevy 1'st introduced them. They are a torque monster and very fuel effective. I think they are better suited for a truck than a car. They work well in cars because they have the TQ to put a heavy car down the road @ 150 plus using low ratios. That engine is based on a proven design that has established a good name for itself. I'd look for years and years of dependable service and any truck you want to put in the rear view mirror better just move over.