Goodyear says axle seal leak

Page 2 of 2
Mad Dog wrote:

It's too late by that time. Last time I checked, it's best to replace the seal "before" it wrecks the brake shoes. A lot more cost effective.

No they don't! I work on mainly newer vehicles and they don't "weep" fluid normally. It's possible to see some of the factory grease coming out of them, but that's it.

Related Threads is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.