Gov-Lock Question

'85 Suburban 4x4 w/ a 12bolt rear of mid to late '70's vintage with 3.08's and a Gov-Lock...
What is the rated speed of the diff(rpm) have to be to release the
'lock'? Also, how many revolutions is typical before the diff 'locks'?
BTW, I do know that a Gov-Lock is, more or less, a variable pressure limited slip. I know it doesnt LOCK...