hard to start and rough idle?? 2000 GMC Sierra 5.3L V-8

Replacing the Fuel Pressure Regulator Solved this problem for me.
Would Start in the morning just fine. But when left for 15-30 minutes after having the engine warm. It would be hard to start and take about
5-10 seconds of starter cranking, before it would restart and also at that time it would idle very rough.
$75.00 part and I installed it myself.
I had this problem on mine also. Quick test is to take the vacuum line off and if there's fuel in the line the FPR needs to be replaced. I got one from Napa for about $80 cause they were $120+ at the dealer. The Napa one had the wrong size vacuum port so the vacuum line wouldn't stay on correctly. I ended up hose clamping it til I can afford the dealer part.
hth,
Derek
2000 GMC 5.3 Same problem. Same fix. My local GM dealer charged me $53.