Has any one tried the Posi-Lok system in stead of the Gas Actuator?

I replaced my 4x4 front differential actuator about 4 mos. ago and its gone again. Atleast my light is gone and I have power at the terminals. I have an 88 K1500. Been reading about this posi-lok system that replaces the actuator and wiring with a Fork and Cable system. I guess it gives you something like an old time Choke inside the cab, pull it an inch and it engages the front axles.

I was just wondering if anybody has seen/experienced any problems with this thing as they are wanting 170 dollars for it. But if I got a buy another actuator I'll be already over 170.

Thanks for any input

-Forrest

Reply to
Forrest

buy the 98+ electromechanical actuator and adaptor harness from GM... you won't be sorry. I purchased the actuator from

for about

65-70 bucks and the harness was 35, IIRC. I was looking at the same thing when my '88 K2500's actuators went out for the second time. the new actuator engages almost instantly and isn't affected by the cold.

HTH, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Bret, Do you have the part numbers for both of those?

Reply to
S.C

the actuator is PN 26060073 and I paid 77 for it and the harness is p/n

12376316 and I paid 22 for it... so much for remembering. you need to check with a parts dept
is a Cadillac/Olds dealer in Gainesville, FL, I've used them twice and have been very happy) as there are a few adapter harness p/n's available to make sure you get the right one.

HTH,

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase