Head liner compatibility question.

Would an after-market headliner described to work with "chevy pickup and k5 blazers 79-87" work in a 1990 GMC Jimmy? I have the OEM headliner from a 1985 K5 that I am thinking of matching up to my 1990
GMC Jimmy just to confirm in my head that they didn't change anything from '87/'85 to '90. Or should I take the manufacturer's word for it that it would not work for me? I can't think of a reason it wouldn't - but I think I was wrong one other time in my life.
GMC Gremlin

Aren't the body styles slightly different between the 87' and 90' FS Blazers?
Doc
I wouldn't think so, because a top from a '79 K5 could go on a '91 K5. But a top from a '76 (first year of half-tops) could only go from '77-'78.
GMC Gremlin

there shouldn't be any problem putting it into the 90 model, the blazers were identical from what i can tell after they were made with the steel cab up front. the 87 most likely refers to the trucks, since GM didn't get around to updating the SUVs for another 5 years, lucky for us;)
good luck TB

K5's were first introduced in 1969 with a full convertible top. In 1976 they changed to a half-top with an integral roll bar. In 1979 they changed the styling, and kept the same top until 1991.
GMC Gremlin