headlight is dim

One of my headlights is very dim on a 1985 S10 Blazer...... was wondering if this would most likely be the headlight need replacing or is it just a bad
ground wire or rusty connection.
obviously impaired state, wrote:

Hey, here's a thought... TAKE A LOOK FOR YOUR SELF! Open the hood, wiggle the wire, pull the connector and LOOK at it, hell maybe even CHANGE the lamp! I've got a feeling that the lamp is no dimmer than the driver...
--
Ray Sirois
SysOp: The Lost Chord BBS

It is EXTREMELY rare for a bulb itself to go dim. 99.99% of the time it is the plug/socket that connects to bulb or a bad ground with the later being far more likely because if it is in socket, the heat for resistance there cause voltage drop with tend to melt socket or wiring near it over time. With a bad ground the way cars are wired it can seek a ground thru another circuit and still work but dimmer too.