headlight problems

93 silverado stepside
I have no drivers side headlight. I replaced the bulb and still nothing. Thinking it might have been the bulb itself, I tooh the
passenger side headlight bulb, which works, and placed it in the drivers side... nothing.
Witha tester, I have power coming from the battery to one side of the headlight socket.
I am thinking that it is not making ground which is causing the light to not come on. I checked the Haynes manual and they don't have schematics to trace the ground wire and when looking at the truck itself, the wire disappears between the front grille assembly and I can't find it from there.
Question...
Where would I find that ground wire? ----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
Splice a substitute ground to that wire, see if the lamp works.

-
that's my next step.
Although I hopped in the truck on the way home from work this morning and when I turned the headlights on.... the drivers sdie one worked.... go figure.
I'll do some further tracing tho to see what the cause is/was
wrote:

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
Try cleaning the sockets and the headlight pins. Also try gently bending the pins on the headlight bulb to make firmer contact with the socket metal, likewise, try bending the contacts in the socket to more firmly hold the headlight pins. Just had the same problem with ours.

did that and nothing worked at the time