Headlight upgrade on 1995 GMC 4x4 P/U

Just got back from a long roadtrip with lots of backroad night driving. Had hard time seeing at times so decided it was time to upgrade lights. Notice the plastic had fogged up a bit from age so
had them polished up and they are almost like new now.
I also noticed my headlights were not as bright as others on the road, was not aware of all the possibilites. So purchased some low beams by Sylvania, Silverstar HPL because that is what my local parts store carried that were a step up in brightness. I tried looking online for reviews and just like everything else, they are all over the place.
So my questions are: 1> How do these bulbs rate in the pack? I like to be able to see clearly at night, but not blind oncoming cars.
2> How do I change the high beams? Low beams were easy, just move batteries, reach in and change out. Didn't see a way to reach the high beams.
Any help/advice is gratefully appreciated.
Two bolts sticking up that hold light housings into the grille, remove and entire light housing pops right out. You might mistake them for adjusters but they are retention bolts. Dot approved bulbs are not the issue on blinding oncoming traffic, it's headlight adjustment. I'm running a mix of Silverstars & PIAA in my "fleet", for me the "whiter" light of either is a improvement over standard bulbs.

Thank you for the advice and information.