headlights

my front headlights on my 87 chevy don't turn on. my rear headlights work just fine... i checked the fuses and looked for any exposed wire which could cause a short, but they checked out just fine...any ideas?

Hmmmm, I don't have rear headlights so I think you mean the taillights work. Turn on the headlights and use the dimmer switch. If you have low beams or highbeams its the dimmer switch. If neither works, its the headlight switch. .

======== headlights Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Jul 8, 2004, 6:08pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@uaf.edu (howdydoody)
my front headlights on my 87 chevy don't turn on. my rear headlights work just fine... i checked the fuses and looked for any exposed wire which could cause a short, but they checked out just fine...
any ideas? ========================I've got an idea that......
you're smoke'n some really good dope.
or.......
you jest left my house..... and i told you not to drive!!!
MarshMonster ~:~ ================

erminal block to the swich to burn up. Cheap fix - replace the switch and if the problem is still there I would try the headlamp relay.
--
Regards
Gordie