Headlights

I have a 2000 ZR2 Blazer that does not light up the road at night well at all, can not see a thing. I got those brighter/whiter silver star lights that are better, but I still can not see a thing and cannot see anything on the side like people walking along side the road or signs. I was just curious to know if anyone else with these cars have problems with not being able to see, and if anyone can provide any good instructions or URL's to adjust headlights myself.

Reply to
Chris

Does the rear look to sit lower than the front? The Blazer ZR2 has a tendency to sag in the rear. The fix? Daystar shackles. See

The other possibility is that the headlights weren't re-installed correctly after the bulb replacement. The tabs on the bottom of the assembly need to slide (not very easily) into slots in the core support. If they don't, the lights may aim towards the sky.

I have the >I have a 2000 ZR2 Blazer that does not light up the road at night well at

Reply to
Mike Levy

Hey, thanks for the information. I never herd anything about the ZR2's getting a sag in the rear before. I looked at some before and after pics that I seen on zr2.com and went out to look at mine and I do not really see any difference, seems fine in that way.

The reason I changed the bulbs to the silver star was becaue I could not see anything at all with the factory lights. You are correct about how hard it is to get those tabs back into the proper location when replacing the bulbs, I never in my life thought it would be so hard to do, it took about 30mins just to get one headlight in.

I had someone who fixes cars tell me they seem to be aimed correctly, but wasn't sure why I can not see anything when driving at night. I'm starting to get to the point to where I do not know what to do. I almost hit a kid yesterdy morning because his friends pushed him into the street, and I never seen him. I dont know what I would of done if I hit that kid, I dont think I could live with myself if I have. So I need to do something about this headlight problem, I just do not know what to do.

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

I had the exact same truck...

Two things:

1st: I hated the headlights on that thing. Each beam is sealed in the same glass housing. I could get the low-beams adjusted well, but then when I flick on the high-beams, they would be all "cross eyed" and improperly aimed. That drove me completely nuts.

2nd: Bulbs. I sprung for the PIAA hyperwhites or superwhites. $60 a pair. I ran them for about three years, into my last truck. I lost a low-beam and cheaped out and replaced them with SilverStars.

There is no comparison. PIAA's have a real nice color to them. When I ran my PIAA high's, they looked ultra-white. When I ran the Silverstar low's - they looked green and dim. It was annoying switching between the two.

It wasn't all that "clear" as to how much the PIAA's helped until I lost that bulb and downgraded. Driving on a clear night vs a rainy night with wet roads.

-marc

Reply to
Marc Westerlind