Headphone - In Ear Question.

I just noticed on my behringer headphone amp (HA4600) that the min. output impedance is 100 ohms. I also just noticed that my sennheiser (HD280) headphones are 64 ohm..... hmm.. maybe this explains why I've never been happy with the way these things sounded. I also was just looking at a set of the Shure E2's and they are 16ohm... so by my own reasoning it would seem that I can't use either the headphones or new set of E2's with the HA4600. I've been using the HA4600 with the HD280's for two years and never noticed any of this.. (stupid) and I also have never been happy with the way they sounded but i don't think it's the headphone amps problem. The system I was using the headphones with had a OLD carvin mixer.. I now have a DDX3216 and have yet to set up a mix through it but I've already run a almost 2 months of services with the DDX and I can tell that it sounds ALOT better all the way around.. Should I look into another type of headphone amp? I really would like to go with a pair of wired In-Ears that can be upgraded to custom molds.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Wrong ng??