Heavy load

I need to haul 30 60# bags of Quikrete (in one load). Will my '99 Sierra 1500 4x4 handle the load ok?
Dave

Should. My 95 Chevy 1500 haules 2250#'s to the dump without a whimper AND I had the AC on!!
Steve M. in CA.

hey, if I can haul 15 of them in an 88 Ranger..................

put as much as you can to the front of the bed
Snowman

When you hit the little bumper pads on your axles to the frame then you know you have enough. "Snowman" <somethingorotherdotcom> wrote in message

Naw, when the rear bumper scrapes the road and the steering wheel get real vague........
sidewinder wrote:

I work for a roofing company, I've put 10 square (read 2400#'s) of shingles in my truck.. granted, I didn't have more then about 2miles to go with it..
Adair
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:06:55 -0500, "Dave Brower"

cross town or cross country? is the suspension in good shape? i'd use max tire pressure, too...
..
Heavy load Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Sep 30, 2003, 10:06pm From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (DaveBrower)
I need to haul 30 60# bags of Quikrete (in one load).
Will my '99 Sierra 1500 4x4 handle the load ok?
Dave ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave, Yes.
scrib abell ~~remembers the time he hauled a stake-body, long bed, dually........on the back of the 2500 "Roll-Back"..........had to put two stacked 2x6's under the rear tires because they hung off the back about 4 inches.......now there's an adventure~~
look in your glove box for the camper label... it'll tell you what the cap. of your truck is. that being said..... I wouldn't have an issue with putting 1800 lbs in a 1/2 ton every now and again. hell, I've put 4500lbs in the back of one before, but it was only for a mile and we drove reaaaaal slow.
-Bret

hey if you break something let us know so we don't put that much weight in our trucks

ROFLOL!
shit......
I did that 10 years ago... it was a 1988 8600lbs (yes 8600 lbs) C1500 extended cab long box w/ a semi floating Dana 60 rear end. it was retired 4 years ago w/ aproximately 450,000 miles on it. it truly was an amazing truck. we used to pound the ever loving snot out of it as it was a company vehicle (owned by my dad's construction company).
-Bret

Sierra
Well the gross weight of your truck is 6800#, the tare weight is 5200# This gives you a useful load of 1600# (without yourself). Your'e just a tick tall in weight, or why they have roofers.
Have a great one!
Bush
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:06:55 -0500, "Dave Brower"

<Duane Smith> wrote in message

What about roofers?