Hellwig Adjustable Add-A-Leaf?

I installed a set of Timbren load boosters in my '95 K1500 and without the spacer they just barely sit on the axle but are supposed to be at least one inch above it to preserve the factory ride. I want to keep the Timbrens but need that one inch so I have considered the Hellwig add-a-leaf product #

997, you can see them here,
aside from that I could slip a 1" lift block under the spring pack, but am leaning towards the Hellwig set up to put a little life back into spring. truck only has 66K and is mostly a commuter, but it does need to carry firewood. any one tried the Hellwigs?
Reply to
zerowick

Timbrens but

Bag it. Better ride and they don't place large point loads on the springs. Plus they are adjustable so that you can just level out the load based on weight in the box or in a towed trailer.

Steve W.

the air thing was a consideration, but I'm trying to keep it simple, unfortunately I just don't have that 1" of space I need. also trying to spend the least amount of money even though between the Timbrens and the add-a-leaf I could have bagged it as you suggested. I want a no maintenance solution without lines and unions to succumb to the vicious road salt here in the Northeast. the Timbrens are warranted for life and very simple, they transfer the load to two more points on the axle, actually relieving the spring of a portion of the load.. don't know if you have seen them, they replace the factory bump stop and act as a rubber booster spring. kinda crude, but I like the concept. thanks Steve for the links and advise.

peace

Reply to
zerowick