Help 90 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4.3 No Power

I am having trouble trying to figure out why I don?t have any power. the truck will start and run, I can put into drive and drive it down the road. When I push the pedal to the floor, the engine will bogg down. When climbing a hill and extra power is needed to climb it, the motor boggs down. In attempted to repair the problem, I have done a complete tuneup(plugs, wires, cap, rotor), replaced the distributor. I also replaced the gas tank due to minor leaks and a pressure gas line.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
OxleyJ

Fuel filter been replaced? The in-line one under the floor?

Reply to
Bill

Or the cat converter could be stopping up... Disconnect it after fuel filter replacement and try.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Woodcock

Like the others said, the fuel filter is the most probable suspect.

Reply to
Augustus

Thank you, I will give that a shot

"OxleyJ" wrote

Reply to
OxleyJ

try adjusting the timing. also try the vaccum hoses going to the tb. it also depends on how many miles the motor has on it before it has to be rebuilt. try these things

Reply to
Bryan Naples

but make sure to put back the oxygen sensor or it will really run bad.

Reply to
Bryan Naples