help! 92 blazer wont start hot

I am stumped. My 1992 blazer 4.3L CPI W series suddenly started choking for fuel and died on me as I was driving down the road. Now, it will start while cool but when it reaches operating temp. it
acts like it s not getting fuel sputters and dies om me. I have replaced fuel filter and checked my gas. the fuel pump is humming. I am getting 57 psi at the schrader fuel pressure valve, so it seems I am getting fuel pressure up to my multi central port injection. I have tried disconnecting my map, oxygen and throttle position sensors 1 at a time and trying to start it but no luck. I bought a sunpro code scanner but it only gives me code 12 which means sensors are working ok. Any ideas?
"kerk45" wrote:

code
Check the engine temp sensor for the ECM (not temp gage) because if it is bad the mixtuer will not lean out as engine warms up.
"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:e7b4357739="kerk45"]I am stumped. My 1992 blazer 4.3L > CPI W series suddenly started choking for fuel and died on me > as I was driving down the road. > Now, it will start while cool but when it reaches operating > temp. it acts like it s not getting fuel sputters and dies om > me. I have replaced fuel filter and checked my gas. the fuel > pump is humming. I am getting 57 psi at the schrader fuel > pressure valve, so it seems I am getting fuel pressure up to > my multi central port injection. I have tried disconnecting > my map, oxygen and throttle position sensors 1 at a time and > trying to start it but no luck. I bought a sunpro code scanner > but it only gives me code 12 which means sensors are working > ok. Any ideas?[/quote:e7b4357739] > > Check the engine temp sensor for the ECM (not temp gage) > because if it is bad the mixtuer will not lean out as engine > warms up.
I checked the coolant temp sensor and it is working OK. Does anyone have another idea I can try?
"kerk45" wrote:

How did you check it? Did you check it for resistance values at certain temps? Also, have you checked the ingition module in the distributor to see if is going bad and misfiring when it heats up?
"SnoMan" wrote: > [quote:87ebcf0980="kerk45"]I checked the coolant temp sensor > and it is working OK. Does anyone have another idea I can > try?[/quote:87ebcf0980] > > How did you check it? Did you check it for resistance values > at certain temps? Also, have you checked the ingition module > in the distributor to see if is going bad and misfiring when > it heats up?
I checked the coolant sensor in tap water 2860 OHMS, and in hot water, 240 OHMS so it was within specs. I will check out the ignition module next. Thanks! :)
"kerk45" wrote: > Well, the ignition module tested OK ..I might add at this > point that I can shoot some starter fluid in the air intake > and the car will spark and start for 1 second. I guess maybe > this is a fuel problem ...it is weird how the car starts while > cold in morning and then sputters and dies when it gets to > operating temp. ..then I cannot get it to start until after > dark or next morning. Any ideas what to try next?? I will > read up on how to see if my injecters are shooting fuel..maybe > I need a noid light.....
Does the fuel pressure stay constant when it is warm and have you checked for a water slug in the tank that settles at night and gets stirred up as it warms up. Years a go Ihad a weird problem with a truck cutting out sometime and it turned out to be a big slug of water in fuel tank. THis may not be your problem but you might check it anyway too.
You have 2 coolant sensors, did you check them both. 57 psi fuel. That sound high. Not sure if it actually is high. I'll have to look that one up.