Help! How to open hood with broken hood release???

I'm stuck!
Some kid broke into my truck (92 chevy half ton) and left the door open. No damage but a dead ended up with a dead battery. Here come the
problem, I tried to open the hood only to feel the hood release wire let go. The truck is parked on the streetand must be remove.
Any suggestion as to how to get that darn hood open??
thanks
Stuck
-sawzall
-crawl under and fish the release loose if at all possible
- LOTS of luck!

If it's anything like my T-series Jimmy the hood can be popped from the outside between the grille and the hood with a long thin screwdriver.
can you pull the cable all the way out?? maybe your cable isnt tore, on my pickup sometimes when i open the hood it feels like the cable tears, i just tap on the hood a few times and then it releases, i hope this is the problem in your case too...good luck!!!