help me identify my rear axle

I'm trying to replace my rear axle with a used one but I want to make sure I get the right one - is there a number on it or something that I could just
give to a junk yard or some other way of knowing just what would work - it is for a 1985 S10 Blazer - 2.8 engine with 4x4 automatic trany
Please tell me what possible years would fit this truck or where would be the best place to get one
The truck is making a roar when your foot is on the gas but quiets down when your just coasting and every mechanic who has heard it says it is the rear axle bearing and wants a couple hundred to fix it- so I figure it might be cheaper to try and find a complete rear end and just swap it

Pulling the entire rear axle assembly from the backing plates and springs and replacing it with an 20+ year old unknown condition parts truck axle seems like an awful lot of work and potential problems to avoid replacing a worn bearing for a couple of hundred bucks. Just my opinion...anyway, in the glove box there's a tag with the RPO codes. Odds are it's a 3.42 or 3.73 open axle, but the link is http://www.c2e.info/rpocodes/MODERNGMRPO.html to check it out.
You can match your ratio to a number of years of S10 Blazer and Jimmy rear axles. If you switch ratios, you'll want the speedometer drive gear for that axle ratio as well. This you can just get from GM.
Thanks for those codes

Here is a simplified list that I put together some time ago that lists all GM axle codes that I could find at the time. Also G80 means it is a GovLoc LSD.
http://forum.snoman.com/viewtopic.php?t ----------------- TheSnoMan.com