Help mw ID this cam

Just picked up a engine. Has a new cam and lifters. It is a roller cam. Part numbers are 097 01R and 586FM61. Looks fairly agressive with a good lift. Like I said, it's new obvious 0 miles on cam and lifters. Hate to throw it out but I have to know what it is so I can match the chip to it if it will work for my intentions.

Reply to
David Johnson

David Johnson

Call Jegs or Summit Racing and see if there Tech Support people can ID the Cam. They should have the proper books to atleast get the makers name.

The Pistons should have the part number and markers ID either on the outter skirt, or the inner skirt. If the engine is over bored, it should list how much on the piston face if not it should be marked 'STD' for standard bore on the piston face.

Pull the pistons out, make sure the bores mic out properly, with a good cross hatch. Pull the cam out and make sure the barrings are not nicked! Make sure the cam was installed with assembly lube/brake in lube.

Use a good Fell-Pro gasket kit, and spring for the Perma-Dry gaskets where applicable. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig