HELP Need wiring Diagram for1983 S-10

there are two resistor thingys (can't remember what they're called) going to the alternator. I need theier values to replace them. Chevy place doesn't even show them on their diagrams so I can't order them without a value. One is located at the alternator the other acts as a splice at the rear of the engine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.. They look like small black rubber cylinders about an inch long. Hope someone can tell me what they are and where I can replace them. If anybody has an old 2.8 V6 wiring harness they can splice these out of I 'd be willing to buy them. Thanks--NW

Reply to
nw

You mean the fusible links? They are color coded, whatever color the current one is, is the color you need for the new one. The black rubber area is where they are spliced into the original wire and are then sealed. Advance auto sells them.

Reply to
Steve W.